Sunday, April 13, 2014

Lemon Chicken

It’s day 3 of the lemon challenge, and I’m just about tired of lemons. Since the last post, I’ve made lemon bars, lemon cheesecake, lemon granita and lemon chicken. You would be bored by all the photos of lemons I didn’t take, so I’ll include only one of the lemon recipe, along with unrelated "spring has sprung" photos.
Pioneer Woman’s lemon granita was the only recipe I followed to a t, because there were only 3 ingredients to not mess with! Yummy! Will save in freezer for warmer weather.
I’d never made lemon chicken before; barefoot contessa gave a great outline for the boneless, skinless chicken breasts I had in the freezer. Here’s my adaptation:
Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into baking dish. Mince 4 cloves garlic and place into dish. Add lemon zest and juice from one lemon. Add 1 and ½ teaspoons oregano and 1 teaspoon thyme, and stir it all to combine. Place two chicken breasts into the mixture, then turn them over to coat evenly with oil and spices. Grind salt and pepper over them. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
I don’t cook chicken very often and this was delicious. It was a bit too lemony for me, so next time I will either use less lemon juice or not place cut up lemon pieces in the baking dish, as instructed in the original recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment