Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Hello, new luggage!

Good-bye, old luggage! Someday when I am bored (aka no time soon), I will calculate how many thousands of miles our luggage has travelled in recent years. During 2015, I flew across the Atlantic 9 times (the odd flight was moving to Germany). We flew to Norway, Denmark, and Ireland last year. Plus prior years of travels!
Our two-wheeled suitcases and carry-ons served us well, but I had recently noticed other airline passengers with four-wheeled suitcases, gliding effortlessly across miles of airport lobbies. Once the handle of our faithful suitcase stopped pulling out all the way, and the rubber tires of the old carry-on broke off (resulting in loud clacking noises with every step), we decided to upgrade. One zippered lock on an older piece of luggage had snapped entirely.
I will report in on the upcoming travel adventures with a full-sized 4-wheeled suitcase and a 4-wheeled laptop bag as a carryon. We noticed passengers on discount European airline flying to Ireland without a checked suitcase, but with a strictly-measured carryon mini-suitcase, so we will try that idea out on our next weekend trip with rock-bottom airfare.
Of course the cats were not happy to see more luggage show up in the house! It took me so many months to post this after drafting it, that I can report back two successful transatlantic flights with the  full size and carryon 4-wheelers! We are fine, just busy with day-to-day things (maybe I should post about that, but it seems kind of boring)!

No comments:

Post a Comment