Sunday, June 3, 2018

Garden mysteries solved!


The “before” photos have answers now! My odiferous friend has beautiful flowers, which make its early smell worthwhile. It grows fast and will need drastic trimming despite the lovely blossoms.
No photo of the butterfly bush, as the color is not showing yet. Could the tree be apple or quince? Delicate pink petals, waiting for the fruit. Stay tuned!
No lilies yet, and the random unidentified plant in the first post has simply grown more green so far.
The yellow blossoms are done, and the red stems are now covered in pale green leaves edged with white. I think the bleeding heart hypothesis is wrong- revised to peonies. 
The lawn has been mowed several times now, and thankfully the little white flowers keep popping up, which makes me happy. The photo above was a pleasant surprise- no idea these beauties were on the way!
I didn’t take pictures of the familiar forsythia and lilac in the back yard, which were so nice to see. Instead, two more bursts of blossoms popped up since the original mysteries post(above).
Also, the rhododendron in front of the house redeemed itself by overflowing with fuchsia heads of blossoms! I don’t know why I’ve never been a fan of rhodies, and it will still need trimming after the blooms are done, but not as much as I had planned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment