Saturday, May 16, 2020

It’s only hard to say good-bye when there are blessings!

I haven’t posted much recently, due in part to completing my second semester of grad school (again*). All my final papers have been “e-stapled” and submitted. Stay tuned for new adventures, as I am enrolled in a course on how to start a podcast!!! Here are some memories of our move, which I can’t believe was 7 months ago.
young people, you have no idea how this makes some people REALLY HAPPY! 

I tried really hard to not cry when I sold my car in Germany before moving to snowville, USA. I had prayed that someone would buy the car at a fair price, and I got my wish! I’m so grateful for that wonderful car, and for having it these years. I know that the car is not my happiness, but it brought happy memories. Maybe I will feel the same affection for a future car? I hope the cars we sold will bring the new families happy memories, too. 
By request- Easter Sunday during the pandemic
Saying good-bye to friends in Germany… they are all invited to visit our new home in snowville, but it’s still sad when that final hug comes. I’ve said good-bye over cake, a garden show, and arts’n’crafts projects, and have been blessed by these friendships. Would it have been better to not gain friendships so that the farewells wouldn’t happen? No! I now have choir and Bible study friends all over the world.
MAY (!!!) - now you don't need to ask why I keep calling it snowville


Some things are easier to say good-bye to, which helps. Teeny, tiny parking spaces are a thing of the past- for now. I had hoped to never see a P.O. Box again, but alas, our new village of snowville does not deliver mail at home, so P.O. Box, here we come. According to Wiki: The words "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds" have long been associated with the American postman. However, they are by no means an official creed or motto of the United States Postal Service. Well, rats! But our post office ladies are really nice. It’s sad to see all of us wearing masks, but we are keeping each other safe.

HALF of my phone's weather app- it's like a souvenir!
What blessings have you experienced when saying good-bye to a person or a place?

* in the olden days, grad school the first time around (1996), we had to use real staples on real paper to turn in assignments!

No comments:

Post a Comment