Thursday, November 11, 2021

Donations are getting more difficult

Donations are getting more difficult  

 

I realized that it’s going to be more challenging to post a weekly list of what I passed along. At this point, monthly might be more reasonable since I gave away the “easier” items already. I’ve continued to sort through letters and even my high school graduation program. Now it gets tough. I’ve been mulling over my high school yearbooks- stay or go?

 

Gloucester, MA

I donated some children’s books last time and am now struggling with keeping my very favorite ones. They can stay as I continue to sort through other books. I have a pile of papers to shred, and buying a shredder is on my list. 

 

Salem, MA

Are you a “saver”? I’ve found two other things that I’ve saved, and am ready to stop saving them for now. In addition to the body care items I mentioned previously- it’s great to have 4 containers nearly empty, almost to the recycling bin with toothpaste, lotion, eye cream, etc., I have stockpiled travel snacks for years. Not to say that one exact item was saved for years, but that I’ve had a “travel” storage area for years, and there has been an increasing amount of nonperishable food items in it, and that’s stopping as of now. I started bringing my own coffee on trips when I discovered a fabulous German invention of individual packets of coffee that already had powdered milk, sugar, and/or a spoonful of cocoa in the packet! Even lactose free! Some hotel breakfasts are robust with healthy options, while others (in the US) have relatively unhealthy options, especially since COVID. With an increase in Air B & B’s and hotels with microwaves and mini-fridges, I’ve been bringing my own packets of oatmeal, single-serving tubes of peanut butter (some even come with half a tube of jelly attached!), crackers, etc. Most of those items are good for a long time, but I don’t have any travel on the horizon, so it’s time to enjoy them at home. Here’s to 9 mini peanut butter packets and a bunch of oatmeal/grits envelopes. And a pile of mini-toothpastes from the dentist that might as well get used instead of saved for trips!

 

25 pounds went out the door last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment