Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Chocolate Market in Tübingen! Go!!!!!


For those 99% of you who like chocolate, I cannot recommend the Tübingen Chocolate Market enough! Please note, this is not the same event as the Christmas market. If there is any chance you can go during a weekday before 3pm, you will have plenty of space to walk around the stalls and get to them without standing in line. From what I understand, evening and weekend hours are absolutely packed.
I learned a few new things at this market! The first discovery was liquid chocolate poured into an ice cream cone base and eaten with a spoon. For me, this was very rich, and I probably wouldn’t get it again, given everything else at the market, but I’m glad I tried it. It was not as thick as the “cocoa” at the Krakow (Poland) Christmas market, but it was like eating chocolate fudge sauce.Check out these chocolate tools! 
A few vendors scattered around the market sold savory items, such as personal pizzas baked right there, pulled pork sandwiches, and mole turkey tacos (with chocolate in the mole). I tried a personal pizza sans chocolate, which was very nice after a LOT of chocolate. I didn’t try the chocolate dipped marshmallow treats, but they looked great! I have never seen such a variety of flavor combinations, including fancy toppings such as tiny candied orange peels. 
Same as all the other markets, you pay a deposit on a mug for your warm beverage and either return it for a refund of the deposit or keep it to take home. There was a wonderful variety of cocoa flavors- I wish I had taken a photo of one of the signs listing a bunch of interesting choices, above and beyond the regular white cocoa, milk, and dark, etc. I tried a vegan cocoa, which is gentler on my digestive system, and it tasted wonderful. I am definitely a hot chocolate snob, so I’m thrilled that it was yummy. Almost all the stands gave out samples of chocolate pieces!
What do you get when you cross a brownie with a cookie? Why, a “brookie”, of course! Mmmmm, how about a peanut butter brookie? Yes, please! There were all kinds of Italian cookies and cannolis, hundreds of different kinds of chocolate bars, and beautifully wrapped gift boxes of chocolates. I got some “spoons” for future cocoa fixings, in a variety of flavors.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment