Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Granola with ginger and cinnamon


Ever since I saw this 2010 recipe in Bon Appetit, I have prepared it at least once per month with some modifications.
I use only 1/8 teaspoon of salt, only 1 tablespoon of oil, no dried fruit, and a pre-mixed multi-grain (raw) oatmeal found in most grocery stores. I also use whatever nuts I have on hand, which today were almonds. I mixed the dry ingredients:

Heated the oil and honey (I pour the tablespoon of oil into the 1/3 measuring cup, swirl it around, and dump it into the pot, then quickly measure the honey into the same cup- and it won’t stick, thanks to the light coating of oil!). Stirred all together:

Bake at 300 and take out of the oven twice to stir it up (after 10-15 minutes of baking).

I usually enjoy the granola over plain yogurt and fresh fruit. It's a great snack to go as well. Do you have a home-made granola recipe? What's the most creative way you've served granola?

No comments:

Post a Comment