Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tarragon Chicken Salad


Sunday lunch has often involved home-made chicken salad wraps in the past, but the extra effort this time yielded great results! I combined two recipes from “The New Basics Cookbook” by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins. I’ve had this book for so long that the spine is falling apart- it’s been well loved. Here is the recipe as I adapted it.

1 can (12.5 oz) chicken, drained
1/8 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
1/8 cup mayonnaise (I used reduced fat)
1/8 cup toasted walnut pieces
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
fresh ground pepper
½ cup chopped tomato
½ cup chopped cucumber
Whole wheat wraps
mixed greens inside the wraps along with the chicken salad

Have you used tarragon with anything other than chicken? What is your favorite sandwich wrap?
Last year's harvest:

No comments:

Post a Comment