Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nutmeg Almond Mini Muffins


I use nutmeg regularly, so I wanted to challenge myself to a new recipe. Another miraculous search of the key ingredient plus “almond flour” plus “blog” resulted in these cuties!
I don’t have a donut pan, so I appreciated a commenter to the original recipe post stating that a mini muffin pan worked as well. I grabbed the mini muffin pan, used vanilla extract and substituted 1/8 of applesauce for the same amount of oil. I should have removed them at 12 minutes, but I was working on another recipe, so I ended up with only slightly dry mini muffins after 14 minutes.
As much as I would love to top each muffin with Nutella, I tried powdered sugar (good) and applesauce (moist and tasty) instead. I put four into a snack size baggie for tomorrow, and would definitely make these again. I might try adding nuts or mashed bananas to the muffin format, but they were just great in the flavor department as donuts.
P.S. The plate is very small, too!
Do you have a favorite mini muffin, nutmeg, or donut recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment