Friday, October 5, 2012

Herbes de Provence Roasted Potatoes


I had heard of Herbes de Provence before, but never owned any or cooked with them. I made every effort this year to not buy new spices for the (full!) new spice rack, but I did not hesitate when I came across some Herbes de Provence. Apparently, they are useful for many dishes, but I decided to try them with roasted potatoes to hopefully have a clear sense of their flavor.

I drizzled olive oil over the cut up taters, then sprinkled liberally with Herbes de Provence. I checked the dish every 15 minutes to stir and check for done-ness. I like my roasted potatoes very well done, and these could have stayed in even longer than 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

The flavor was very nice, and I look forward to experimenting more with H d P. I’ve been making stupendous roasted potatoes for years now with grey poupon mustard, olive oil, and rosemary, and I like that flavor combination so much that I will stick to it for future spuds. But I’m glad I tried this and will report back on new H d P dishes.
I wonder if they’d go well with squash! This is a photo of the partial results of a cooking class I took with various squash recipes. Do you have a favorite recipe for Herbes de Provence?

No comments:

Post a Comment