Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cards # 51 & 52: Mission Accomplished!

Yay- in 52 weeks I have created and shown here 52 cards! These last two were fun, using special decorative paper and more. I left the green card without additional embellishments because I really like the look of the gold embossed leaf (imagine a large sheet of the same…yep, another scrapbook background paper).
It took me a while to dream up something special for the red card. On both, I kept the natural ragged edge, rather than trimming it to perfection. I folded the edges under the top panel of the card. I started by figuring out how to incorporate the black paper that I had selected to photograph the card on.
Over a couple of days, I thought about using a contrasting yet neutral shade, possibly a stamp, maybe a ribbon or strip of those tone on tone swirls? Whew, I’m really pleased with how this one turned out, complete with sparkles.
Now, to send them out into the world! Stay tuned for a new challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara. I see you are participating in NLWM with Lindsay. Your kitty is beautiful. Happy Mail April. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy National Letter Writing Month to you! Love the crafts you are blogging about :).

      Delete