Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cucumber Dill Pasta Salad


I have always liked the flavor of cucumber dill salad, but I must admit defeat in my substitutions with this recipe. I bet the accurate following of this recipe* would result in fantastic flavors…but I had to go and add pasta, use fat free mayo and sour cream, and not enough dill (dried). http://www.localplace.org/recipe-blog/2012/6/15/creamy-dill-cucumber-salad.html
My goal was (and still is) to serve a relatively healthy pasta salad, and I had hoped that I could turn this cucumber dish into something more. I am still on the search for a pasta salad with reasonable numbers in the calorie and fat departments!
The original dill dressing was great. I made some whole wheat macaroni, cooled it down, and added it in. The tomato flavor was a nice boost, but the bland pasta needed something stronger than dill dressing. 
Help! Do you have a favorite tasty and healthy pasta salad recipe?
*when I first created this post in 2012, I wanted to respect the original source, so I did not write out the original recipe, but did include a link. In 2014, I was unable to access the link to the site and recipe, so it is included for you here:
Combine 1/2 cup sour cream, 3 TBSP mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 2 tsp sugar, 1 clove minced garlic, 1/3 cup chopped onion, 6 sprigs fresh dill (chopped), 3 cucumbers (sliced or chopped), sale and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment