Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stuffed Eggs


This recipe for stuffed eggs was fun to prepare, since I’ve made it many times in the past. Though I didn’t realize until I was half-way through that the parsley qualified this recipe for a blog post! In other words, no photos of piles of egg shells.

6 eggs, hard boiled, peeled
¼ c flaked tuna, drained (about half of a 5 ounce can)
½ -1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp lemon juice
1 TBSP butter, room temperature
½ tsp Tabasco / hot sauce
1 tsp mustard
½ tsp salt and pepper
1 TBSP dried parsley
1 TBSP mayonnaise
optional garnish: lettuce leaves, paprika powder

After peeling hard-boiled eggs, rinse them off and gently cut them in half length-wise. Use a spoon to gently remove the yolk, place the yolks in the mixing bowl and the whites on the serving platter. Add all other ingredients to the mixing bowl, and use a fork to mash everything together. Stuff the mixture into the egg whites, and garnish the serving plate with lettuce and paprika.
I used the extra tuna to make a nice salad, along with the left-over egg filling, lettuce, and some avocado. If I had any more of these beauties left, I’d have added them, too!
Of course I had plenty more within days. Do you have a secret ingredient for stuffed eggs that you can share?

No comments:

Post a Comment