Saturday, June 8, 2013

Pottery Painting for fun!


Once again, I registered for a fundraiser with a take-home product, and am pleased to report on the process and the results. 
Many shelves of unglazed pottery faced us as we each selected an item to decorate. I grabbed a vase with a wider base that my four-footed friends couldn’t tip over as easily.
Choosing the colors was challenging but fun, and due to my lack or creativity or free-hand drawing skills, I selected some stencils.
Despite the sample glazed tiles allowing participants to know the final shade, my lavender turned out paler than I hoped. The orange-yellow was neat, and the pencil lines disappeared during the glazing process, as predicted.
Neighbors at the event made plates, pet food dishes, serving containers and decorative items in an array of colors and designs, using these fine-pointed paint dispensers as well as brushes.
Here is the "final" unglazed version of my work, at which point it was left with the studio staff for a few days...
And this is the result at the end of the process! I don't know much at all about the glazing process, but what a nifty outcome. I'd recommend this type of event for anyone, even if you think you're not creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment