Sunday, January 26, 2014

Paris & Card #37

As I created a third card with a photo taken in Paris, I wondered why I’d never posted about the city? In my excitement to create many cards last year, I just grabbed random photos, but now that I’m a bit more organized, I’m trying to created themed posts of cards (stay tuned for fruits and veggies!). Last year, cards of Notre Dame Cathedral, along with the exterior of the Musee de l'Armée were featured.
We were in Paris four years ago for just a few days, and crammed in as much as possible while attempting to not run ourselves ragged (aided by outstanding meals and chocolate croissants). Recommended ideas for tourists include a river cruise, in the evening if possible.
A day trip to Versailles is easy by train, though it’s not essential for first-timers on a tight schedule, in my opinion. When I first saw this room during my junior year abroad, I thought it was a ballroom. Come to find out, it’s just a hallway! My entire house would fit into less than half of this hallway…
Artists with a phenomenal backdrop! When booking a hotel, I get travel guides from the library to learn about neighborhoods and transportation options, read reviews on tripadvisor.com and make a chart to compare my favorites (free breakfast?, special package deals, etc.). We preferred the Musee d’Orsay over the Louvre, and also benefitted from taking the hop-on-hop-off bus tour around town to Sacre Coeur and other neighborhoods. Do you have a favorite Parisian location to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment